Some time ago I used Admin Tools and RSAT for Vista and it saved my time from using remote desktop to log on to several servers. Now it is available (RTM, not RC or something…) for Windows 7 x86/x64.
Using RSAT for Win7, you can manage the following roles and features from Windows Server 2008 R2, 2008 and 2003:
After installing it, you can enable the roles and features you want to manage, by doing the following steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
- In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- If you are prompted by User Account Control to enable the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Select the remote management tools that you want to install.
- Click OK.
Now you’ll find the tools in Administrative Tools menu.